Four Key Elements to Get Your Readers Loyalty
If you have an interesting blog, presumably you are looking for people to visit.
To avoid having only your wife and your mother commenting on your articles, here you have four key elements that I consider to try to keep your reader awake:
Your blog should provide something useful or at least interesting for visitors, because otherwise it will be meaningless to visit. In other words, your blog has to add something of value to the lives of readers.
And, how to add value?
• Saving time for your readers: a weekly summary of news, “roundups”, or an article with a list of free online resources such as “the best free tools for journalists.”
• Adapting broader issues within the context of your audience: “Creating an interesting blog” versus “how to create a successful blog for a professional industry”, if it is of interest to your audience.
• Trying to topics in depth: to demonstrate your credibility on issues you’re facing / improve your blog.
Personality and Opinion
Your blog should reflect your personality, who you are. If you really want to add value to your blog in order to retain your readers, you should:
• Express something unique using your own experiences, professional and / or personal.
• Defend your opinions, whether or not they are what most people share.
It is important that your items have a fresh, conversational tone. Learning things does not have to take things seriously and boring. In fact, reading an interesting blog is often a leisure activity:
• Turn your ideas into a conversation with your visitor.
• Write in the same way you talk.
• Show pictures of you and your loved ones to generate more empathy.
This is what will make your blog unique and personalized.
Do not make the mistake of publishing a post on your blog and then leave it unattended. The power of an interesting blog is the community that revolves around it. So to take care and help it grow, your readers will feel that they are participating in a two-way conversation, so:
• If someone leaves you a comment, respond soon.
• The same, if they send you an email with a question or comment specifically.
Do not delay in doing that
In the same way, you should ask your readers through a survey form or short questionnaire, what they expect from you when they visit your blog: themes, article types, formats, etc …
This will give you a truly personalized treatment, giving your readers what they expect and proving every day that they are important to you. You will notice that you are talking to them face to face, not speaking to them, as a father to his son or teacher to student or a boss to his employee. You will create a big difference, believe me.
Availability and Commitment
Do not do what many bloggers do, to publish an article and then disappear for a week or a month. The interesting blogs that work well are those with frequent updates and those which are consistent in the frequency of publication of their articles. The number of visitors will grow when your readers are 100% convinced that your blog’s information is useful, comments / conversations are worthy, every 2 or 3 days, every week of the year.
If you don’t offer to your reader new content or new talks, they will go to any other interesting blog to find what you want.
That hard is the life of the blogger.